Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Meet Christy

Hi, I'm Christy! I'm co-owner of Showered With Love, but there's also some other things very important to me, and I thought I'd give you a little peek into my life outside of this super fun business :]  I am a child of God, a wife, a mommy, a writer and a creator!  Let's get to the nitty gritty.....even though it's just me writing, I thought we'd do this interview style, so here goes :]
Q: Tell us about your family.

A:  I sure do!  My family is super important to me!  My husband Johnny and I have been married since 2006, and I am truly blessed to have him in my life!  God gave him to me and I hope I never take that for granted!  Johnny and I have 2 super cute kiddos named Joey and Sam {both girls:]}.  They are so much fun and energetic.  There are often times when I'm making a SWL creation and I think to myself "They didn't have anything this cool when my kids were born".  Here's a picture of us in one of our favorite places, Wisconsin!!

Q: What do you like to do in your free time?

A:  When we aren't swimming in orders for SWL, I love to hang out with friends!  I have a new found love for reading and just finished The Hunger Games series {a must read if you ask me!!}.  I also love to sing...always have loved it!  I'm involved in the choir at church and I sing on our praise team from time to time!  I love Jesus and spend a lot of time with our church either serving vocally, in our online ministry or in our Life Group!!!
Q: How long have you been crafting, and what's your favorite thing to make?

A:  I've always been crafty!  I loved to draw and color growing up and was encouraged to do so by my parents but especially my dad who is an artist!  I love to create, and in this season of life, it was only a matter of time before I got to start creating for babies and friends who were about to have babies!!  A fun fact....I just started sewing in October, and love it!  I make half of our Showered With Love Burp Cloths and have even branched off into projects for my kids and family!  Amanda, SWL co-owner, was the one who taught me to sew!!! Thanks Amanda :]  My favorite thing to make has to be our Diaper Cycles!  I think they are so much fun and make such a great impression at parties!
Well, that's a little hint into my life outside of Showered With Love!  For more, click over to my personal blog StoutsRUs!  Anything you want to ask me?  Anything I didn't cover?  Feel free....I'm an open book!

Stay tuned next Wednesday for another glimpse into the makers of Showered With Love!  We can't wait to get to know you :]

No comments:

Post a Comment